In this article, we will be focusing on the interview tips and skills which the Chartered Accountant must develop to get a job in an industry. Many times you would have seen that the intelligent ones also fails in clearing the interview as they lack in some of the key skills. One who is the smartest and most qualified must also prepare for the interviews to get a job in the most reputed firms.
The first impression on the interviewer plays a vital role in your selection as you hardly get a second chance in interviews. So, here we will assist you with various CA interview tips and skills which you must have in order to crack the interview. These Interview tips are compiled with the help of the Director of Best CA institute in India. In total, there are four phases in which the complete interview preparation process is divided i.e,
- Planning for Interview
- Gathering/ Preparing the Interview Materials
- After the Interview or Follow-up of Interview
Planning for Interview
Planning for Interview the first phase of planning. In this phase, gather all the information about the interview like will be any test before the interview, how many candidates will be competing against you, confirm the venue and time of the interview, etc. Next, check the complete information about the company and its history. You should be good at doing your homework. Practice/ Rehearse the general and common interview questions. Also, you can refer to the various books to get the bunch of interview questions. Other than the information, one should memorize everything about their skills, training, and experience.
Gathering/ Preparing the Interview Materials
Lookout for all the documents which are mandatory for the interview. Prepare a file of all the documents, in order to represent it to the interviewer. Apart from the mandatory documents, carry multiple numbers of resume, so that you can provide your resume to each interviewer. Also, carry a reference list and letters of recommendation, if any. These things will support your resume. Whenever you are going for an interview, never forget to carry a pen and paper.
During the Interview
The next phase of the CA Interview Tips and Skills is the standards which one should follow during the interview. Whenever you are entering the interview hall, keep a check on the following things:
- Ask for the permission before entering the interview room.
- Greet the panel of interviewers (all together).
- Keep standing until the interviewer offers you a seat.
- Introduce yourself with a sincere smile on the face.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Sit still and don’t let the chair dance.
- Never place your bags/ documents on the interviewer’s table until asked. Keep them beside you or on the extra chair. Keeping the things on the lap is also not right.
- Never sit with cross legs.
- Answer the questions in a firm, clear, and confident voice.
- Dress gently according to the dress code of the interview with polished black shoes.
- Set your hairs to a well-groomed hairstyle.
- If in an interview you are asked about your articles experience, never say things as you worked under pressure or there was a load of work.
- Chartered accountants are suggested to use the term “Member of ICAI” instead of ACA or FCA.
- Never use the word “sorry” in the interview. In case, if you have made any mistake, accept the mistake but not by saying sorry.
- You are strictly advised to avoid the works like “basically”, “actually”, “don’t get me wrong”, “frankly speaking”, etc during the interview.
- Never make the interviewer repeat his question, therefore be very attentive during the interview.
- Avoid touching the face, nose, hairs, etc during the interview. This shows that you are lacking in confidence.
- If you have the know the name of the interviewer, then call him by his name like Anuj Sir.
- Always concentrate on your strength instead of weakness.
After the Interview or Follow-up of Interview
After appearing in the interview, if you feel that the interview was great or above average, then wait for the result or else start preparing again. Learn from the mistakes which you made during the interview and never repeat them again. Also, you may look to write a letter/ Email to the interviewer for giving their valuable time to interview you. Also, state your interest in the job.
These are some of the most valuable chartered accountant interview tips and skills which a CA must focus on. Hope you loved our content. You can share your valuable feedback ask your queries by commenting in the below section.