If you are fond of collecting pashmina shawls as a fashion accessory, which emits class and elegance, here are the tips, which you must keep in mind while buying one. These tips will help you select a original pashmina shawl.
Owning a pashmina shawl is like a dream among most of the women across all age and culture. The exceptional sophistication that it throws along its feel and weight, pashmina shawls has become one of the must-have fashion accessories. They do not just revamp any simple looking outfit with its classiness, the warmth it emits because of the wool extracted from Kashmir goat makes it one of the demanding products among the pashmina shawl manufacturer.
One biggest doubt ponders the buyer is if it’s real or fake due to the increasing manufacturers who have created machine-made look-alike pashmina shawls. Hence, identifying is the art and only the real gainer can do it. Here are the tips to check about the pashmina shawl.
1. Feel and Weight: While the original pashmina is made of 100% cashmere wool, the blended piece is made of 70-30% ratio of wool and silk respectively. There is a thin difference, but the original one is lighter and warmer emitting the classic touch and feel.
2. Cost: While the prices between the original and the blended one are same, the cost of the pashmina shawl is still at the upper hand due to the Kashmiri goat wool used. Hence, finding the thin difference between the two is a must.
3. Variety in Designs: The endless variety in patterns and colors is the same for the pure and blended pashmina shawl; the high-quality and lighter fabric indicates the real pashmina shawl. One can choose from pastels to vibrant colors or jacquard and paisley designs.
4. The Diameter Difference: Yes, the difference in the diameter of the pashmina shawl is one of the good indicators for the original piece. They are between 14-15.5 microns.
5. The Weave Pattern: Another smart way to keep a check on the original pashmina shawl is through its weave pattern. As the pure one is weaved on the handloom, the irregular weaves found against the light gives the indication of the novel pashmina shawl.
6. Rubbing Test: Rubbing the fabric generates some kind of static electricity. When the polyester fiber is rubbed, the electric-like current is generated. If this happens, it is not the unique pashmina shawl.
7. The glue label: If the label is glued on the wholesale shawls then for sure, it is not original pashmina because the glue never sticks on the genuine fabric. Therefore, the original pashmina manufacturers stitch the label on the shawl.
8. Shiny isn’t original always: The original pashmina never has a shine on its own so if you are planning to buy the shawl which is glittering and shine then it could be a fake one.
9. Dimensions work too: For the original pashmina shawl, the dimensions stick to 36/80 inches. If someone is selling the dimensions above or below this dimension in the name of original pashmina shawl then it is definitely fake and one must not invest into it.
The above nine ways are some of the easiest ways to check about the pashmina shawl originality. Often, people spend hefty amount getting the fake one by not recognizing the original piece. These tips will be of help while buying the original classic pashmina shawl.