There are many ways to protect your move from any of the fraud. While you are choosing a moving firm you need to use some cautions that’ll protect your move. Every year thousands of complaints filed against movers across the United. There are some tips that’ll surely help you to prevent this from happening to you. Good luck and happy moving!
- Be Attentive while choosing a removal firm
While finding a trustworthy and reputed removal firm you need to keep one thing in your mind that don’t hire just anyone to handle your precious items because finding the best removal firm is the most important part when it comes to protecting your move. By checking to see if the moving company is properly licensed, you can avoid moving scams all of the removals firms across the United Kingdom should have a license number issued by the British Association of Removers. You can check the moving company’s license number and complaint history by visiting the website of the British Association of Removers.
2. Take photos all of your belongings before moving
Before packing of your precious belongings you need to take photos all of your inventory. By this, you can have a claim on them and have to show a before and after photo of the damaged items. Having photos is evidence and will help you to make your case more plausible and will hold the movers accountable for their actions.
3. Pack your belonging strategically and carefully
To attain the protection of your move you need to simply do your packing as carefully and securely as possible. This will prevent your belongings from any of the damage while your belongings are in transit. Use proper boxes, Protective materials, and packing supplies, to pack the items efficiently. For attaining best discounts and deals on the best moving boxes and packing supplies check out professional movers in your region.
4. Pick additional insurance while moving
Instead of liability for your removal’ firm, you need to have additional moving insurance while moving towards your new home. It might be a good idea to attain additional insurance from the third-party insurance company. If you are looking to store your belongings during your move then you should hand over your goods to the firm that will store your belongings up to 90 days.
5. Watch out for Red Flags
While hiring a removal firm you need to be high alert for red flags. The British Association of removers says to look out for these specific red flags for moving fraud:
- They will never agree to an onsite inspection while moving.
- They will never determine the charges before loading.
- They will demand cash or a large deposit before the move.
- They will demand to sign on the blank or incomplete form.
- They didn’t have an official company’ truck or lack a permanent address
- They will never provide you with a copy of your rights and Responsibilities.
- The claim all of your goods covered by their insurance.