Pipework connecting components, such as pull-rings and earthing bridges, serve important functions including installing and dismantling pipework systems, protecting personnel and systems from electrical voltage surges and more. This means that when you are choosing connecting components for your pipework, you need to make sure they are made from high-quality materials such as stainless steel or galvanized steel. As there are many benefits to both, here are the main benefits of choosing pipe connecting components made from either stainless or galvanized steel.
Stainless Steel Components
- Longer Lifespan: Stainless steel has a much longer lifespan (around 50 years) as opposed to other steel connecting components because of its incredible resistance to corrosion. Stainless steel material is more highly resistant to environmental threats such as rust, UV light and high temperatures. Stainless steel has materials such as manganese, carbon, silicon, iron and nickel which gives it its strong resistance.
- More Hygienic: Stainless steel is used in households, hospitals and hospitality industries because of its hygienic value. This is due to its nonporous properties, which means that stainless steel doesn’t absorb moisture and prevents forms of bacteria from growing. It is also better for the environment as stainless steel is very easy to recycle.
- Superior Strength: Its material is much more resistant to damage because it contains around 10.5% chromium. In the event that the connecting component is scratched or damaged, the chromium oxide layer will react with oxygen in order to form and create a new protective layer.
- Better Looking: Another benefit is that stainless steel is much more visually pleasing than other types of steel. Because of its sleek appearance, stainless steel is highly popular and is used much more than other types of steel for a variety of applications across all industries.
Galvanized Steel Components
- Easier Inspection: Galvanized steel is much easier to inspect due to it having a smooth and clear coating. Any small faults and cracks can be easily identified and detected when inspecting any pipework and its connecting components.
- Simple Maintenance: It is also much easier to maintain connecting components and pipework that is galvanized due to its protective coating which includes zinc. This is the reason why products with galvanized steel are favored in rural and remote areas where the costs of labor to inspect and maintain equipment can be expensive.
- Cost-Efficient: Products with galvanized steel is usually more cost-efficient as opposed to other types of steel. This is due to the process of galvanization requiring fewer costs to produce and doesn’t involve as much labor.
- Quicker To Install: Galvanized products are much quicker to install and implement as they don’t require further requirements. This can include any additional coating, painting or inspecting for any visible faults. Because of this, using galvanized steel can increase productivity.
When looking for a pipework manufacturer, be sure to check that they have a high-capacity warehouse and various in-house tooling systems. This will ensure that there is a quick turnaround time so you aren’t left waiting when time is against you. Keep these tips in mind to ensure that you are purchasing the right connecting components for the job.